DEFINING MORAL COWARDICE
are amongst the gentlest of breathing creatures;
none show more passionate tenderness to their young when deprived of them;
and, in short,
I am not ashamed to profess
a deep love for these quiet creatures.”
~Thomas de Quincey
THE SLAP IN THE FACE OF A STARVING CHILD
“Poor countries sell their grain to the West,
while their own children starve in their arms,
and we feed it to livestock,
so we can eat a steak?
Am I the only one who sees this as a crime?
Every morsel of meat we eat
is slapping the tear-stained face of a starving child.
When I look into her eyes, should I be silent?
The earth can produce enough for everyone’s need,
but not enough for everyone’s greed.”
~ Philip Wollen
Kindness Trust: http://www.kindnesstrust.com/
Veganism…The time has come.
“Don’t just believe what you’re told . . .
check it out from behind the scenes . . .
then follow your heart.”
~Ellie Laks, Founder, The Gentle Barn
“I am the voice of the voiceless
Through me the dumb shall speak
Till the deaf world’s ear
Be made to hear
The wrongs of the wordless weak.
And I am my brother’s keeper
And I shall fight his fight
And speak the word
For beast and bird
Till the world shall set things right.”
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850-1919)
THE GENTLE BARN, SANTA CLARITA, CALIFORNIA, USA
The Gentle Barn takes in as many animals as they can,
provides them with medical treatment,
and provides them with a loving, forever home.
Children who have been traumatized,
who are struggling with tradtitional methods of therapy,
visit the Gentle Barn
and make extraordinary, healing connections with the animals.
“Often when children are abused, they turn their hurt around to abuse others. By teaching empathy and uniting kids with all life, our At-Risk Youth program helps turn these kids from the inner city into protectors instead of abusers.” ~The Gentle Barn
EXCELLENT video illustrates the work of The Gentle Barn and exposes the dairy industry, who is actually the veal industry, and the heinous abuse of innocent, baby living beings that the human species calls “veal.” By supporting the meat and dairy industry, we are supporting an industry of neglect and abuse that is void of compassion and humanity.
To learn more about and support the work of The Gentle Barn, follow the links below
Blessings on those who take action to protect and lend voice
to innocent, sentient, living beings
who cannot speak for themselves.
~Gerean Pflug for The Animal Spirits
“Killing animals for sport,
and for hides and furs
is a phenomenon which is at once
disgusting and distressing.
There is no justification
in indulging in such acts of brutality.”
~ His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama
“Verily these are your fellow creatures
of the great Household of God,
yea, they are your brethren and sisters,
having the same breath of life in the Eternal.
And whosoever careth
for one of the least of these,
and giveth it to eat and drink in its need,
the same doeth it unto me,
and whoso willingly suffereth
one of these to be in want,
and defendeth it not when evilly entreated,
suffereth the evil as done unto me;
for as ye have done in this life,
so shall it be done unto you in the life to come.”
The Gospel of the Holy Twelve
Translated from the original Aramaic
by Rev. G.J.R. Ouseley
THE LOVE OF JESUS FOR ALL CREATURES
1. WHEN Jesus knew how the Pharisees had murmured and complained because he made and baptized more disciples than John, he left Judea, and departed unto Galilee.
2. AND Jesus came to a certain Tree and abode beneath it many days. And there came Mary Magdalene and other women and ministered unto him of their substance, and he taught daily all that came unto him.
3. And the birds gathered around him, and welcomed him with their song, and other living creatures came unto his feet, and he fed them, and they ate out of his hands.
4. And when he departed he blessed the women who shewed love unto him, and turning to the fig tree, he blessed it also, saying. Thou hast given me shelter and shade from the burning heat, and withal thou hast given me food also.
5. Blessed be thou, increase and be fruitful, and let all who come to thee, find rest and shade and food, and let the birds of the air rejoice in thy branches.
6. And behold the tree grew and flourished exceedingly, and its branches took root downward, and sent shoots upward, and it spread mightily, so that no tree was like unto it for its size and beauty, and the abundance and goodness of its fruit.
7. AND as Jesus entered into a certain village he saw a young cat which had none to care for her, and she was hungry and cried unto him, and he took her up, and put her inside his garment, and she lay in his bosom.
8. And when he came into the village he set food and drink before the cat, and she ate and drank, and shewed thanks unto him. And he gave her unto one of his disciples, who was a widow, whose name was Lorenza, and she took care of her.
9. And some of the people said, This man careth for all creatures, are they his brothers and sisters that he should love them ? And he said unto them, Verily these are your fellow creatures of the great Household of God, yea, they are your brethren and sisters, having the same breath of life in the Eternal.
10. And whosoever careth for one of the least of these, and giveth it to eat and drink in its need, the same doeth it unto me, and whoso willingly suffereth one of these to be in want, and defendeth it not when evilly entreated, suffereth the evil as done unto me; for as ye have done in this life, so shall it be done unto you in the life to come.
NOTE: The Gospel of the Holy Twelve, also known as the Gospel of the Nazarenes, is believed by some to be the Gospel described by many commentators of the early Church as the original teachings of the Nazarene called Christ. Others point to several sections that are found, word-for-word, in the King James Version of the Bible, which they say proves it to be a fraud. To read more about this documentation
Click: GOSPEL OF THE HOLY TWELVE